Citizens & Residents that are outside Saudi Arab & want to return back, needs to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
The approved vaccines in the Kingdom are:
- Pfizer-BioNTech – 2 doses
- Moderna – 2 doses
- Oxford AstraZeneca – 2 doses
- Johnson & Johnson – Single dose
If some one has taken 2 doses of Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccines then they will have to get a booster shot of any one of above approved vaccines.
To update the status of vaccine administered outside Saudi Arab, follow these steps:
- Go to MoH site
- Select “Covid-19 Vaccine Approval Service in the Kingdom”.
The service enables citizens and residents to submit requests for registering COVID-19 vaccines, approved in the Kingdom but taken abroad.
- The click on “Please click here to start the service” at the bottom of the page.
- The service will start, but from here forward only Arabic version is available. This step lists all the requirements & approved vaccines. Tick the checkbox at the end of the page and click Next.
- From drop-down select Resident & click Next.
- Enter Iqama Number, Iqama Expiry & enter the code. Then click Next.
- Your detail will be show. Then enter E-mail, Confirm E-mail & Mobile Number. Then click Next.
- OTP will be sent to E-mail & Mobile Number. Enter the OTP & click Next.
- Then you will choose the Vaccine, date for First Dose & date for Second Dose. Passport copy needs to be attached along with proof of vaccination.
Ensure that the certificate complies with the following requirements: 1 - The personal data should be stated in the certificate. 2- It must be issued in one of the following languages: Arabic, English, or French, or a certified translation into Arabic. 3- The certificate must clearly contain the name of the vaccine, its date, and the batch number. 4- The entered documents should be in PDF format, and their size should not exceed (1 MB).
- It can take up to 5 business days to reflect the status of vaccination in Tawakkalna.